Unfair Competition Law
ARI LAW’s consumer and unfair competition law practice is two-fold: (1) to understand, protect and maximize the rights and interests of honest consumers that have been deceived or injured by unfair or fraudulent business practices in the marketplace, and (2) to counsel clients regarding the proper way to protect consumer rights and best practices.
The Firm’s attorneys have experience in handling cases involving fraud and unfair consumer practices, including the prosecution, litigation, and defense of claims under California’s unfair competition laws, such as California Business and Professions Code Section 17200, (also known as the “Unfair Competition Law” or “UCL”) and Section 17500 (also known as the “False Advertising Law” or “FAL”).
Our firm has successfully represented clients in investigations, in state and federal court, and before governmental agencies such the Federal Trade Commission or FTC. When it comes to going to trial, we have a proven track record of success.
Our attorneys have represented consumers and small businesses in the following unfair competition claims:
- Misrepresentation and fraud
- Unfair business practices
- False advertising
- Interference in business relationships
- Invasion of privacy
- Trademark, copyright and other intellectual property infringement issues, including Internet domain infringement
- Violation of noncompete and nondisclosure issues
- Trade dress and advertising compliance matters
- Deceptive and anti-competitive practices
- Antitrust matters
ARI LAW attorneys handle cases involving consumer law and issues relating to unfair competition. To speak with an experienced attorney contact ARI LAW at 1-415-830-9968.